The fastest, quickest way to get and keep your house in shape is to do everything on this checklist each morning:
- Make your bed as soon as your feet hit the floor.
- Put away clean dishes while making coffee.
- Get ready for the day; look cute! Afterwards, wipe the vanity down, spritz the mirror with Windex and wipe it clean and quickly swish the toilet.
- Help your kids do the same – get dressed cute, quickly make their bed and wipe down the bathroom they use. Load them up with praise, giggle and laugh and heap tons of love on them. Tell them how cute they are. Tell them they can do anything and that they are going to do great today!!
- Start a load of laundry.
- Decide what’s for dinner and take anything you may need out to defrost.
- Eat a good breakfast, clean up the breakfast dishes and have quiet time.
Here’s another checklist for the evening:
- Make sure the kitchen is clean after dinner. Load the dishwasher and run it (that way you can empty it the next morning). During the day, everyone will know they can put their dirty dishes in the dishwasher. If you don’t have a dishwasher, just make sure the dishes get washed each evening.
- Take out the garbage.
- Lay out clothes for the next day. If you have kids who go to school, check back packs and agendas for papers to sign. Gather everything together to make leaving in the morning a breeze.
- Pick up everything before going to bed.
- Go through the day’s mail. Junk mail gets trashed right away. Bills go to one place that has been designated for them (the same place where you keep the checkbook and some stamps if you have bills that have to be mailed out.)
- Brush and floss your teeth; shower if you prefer to shower at night.
- Check your calendar and goals; make a to-do list for the next day.
That’s it! This is the basic framework to get you through each and every day.